Monday, July 7, 2014

Playsuit Time!


I have *finally* taken pictures of my playsuit!


 I showed off a few pictures of the blouse from my trip to Florida and I love it!


It's from Advance 8511 which I've made several times.



Of course, you need more than just a blouse to make a playsuit!


The shorts I made from Wearing History's Sailor Playsuit Pattern a few years ago.


Actually, the skirt from that playsuit goes great with this blouse too! But I'll save that for another outfit shoot.


The skirt was made from the dirndl skirt sew along. And it buttons all the way down for easy playsuit action.


Although, you do have to be careful where you de-skirt! Most people wear quite a bit less than shorts under their skirts. lol.


I wore this outfit to Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in Kentucky.


It's a restored 19th century village that used to be the home of a religious sect called the Shakers.


The buildings are quite darling. I felt like I walked on to the set of a Jane Austen novel! It would be just the perfect place for a Regency event! Oh, well. Perhaps next time.


The grounds were very beautiful and peaceful. It was a great way to spend a relaxing day soaking up some history.

12 comments:

  1. Omg I flippin love it! What a great job you did and ohhh you make me wish I could sew hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fit looks terrific! I also love the combination of the blue and orange print and buttons. Really a flattering outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love it! Makes me wish I looked good in a dirndl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incrível este look, saia, shorts e blusa, tudo lindo.
    Beijos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your playsuit is great, such a lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of your playsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! This is wonderful!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scenery of your photos very much! Shakers are know even here in Europe for their craftsmanship in woodworking, especially furniture and such.

    I like your playsuit very much. The blouse is wonderful! My set is finished as well, but since days it's raining cats and dogs and very cold, so I probably won't be able to wear it before my holiday in Italy. Or make decent pictures. I will do that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out so great! I got a new assignment at work that absolutely zapped all my energy (and still is for the foreseeable future) so I wasn't able to accomplish my playsuit :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so wonderfully lovely!!! Great choice of fabrics and colours. The nautical palettes suits playsuits so well (no doubt because they themselves are great matches for the beach). Awesome job on this ensemble, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been to Shaker Village in years, but it is such a gorgeous spot! And they're lemon chess pie is killer!!

    ReplyDelete