Sunday, January 1, 2012

Think Pink!


I wished 2011 goodbye in a fabulous stripped pink dress! (I also welcomed 2012 in with pink but a ridiculous amount of wind prevented any outfit photos today so you'll just have to take my word for it.) We had a few friends over (because that's all that fit in our tiny place!) last night for a bit of end of year festivities so I had an excuse to wear my new dress from Fab Gabs! (I also got a new pink hat!)

I've also been thinking about resolutions for this year. So here they are:

1) More (and better) outfit posts.

I love looking great and I love sharing with you. I had some seasonal depression last winter because I lived in jeans and hoodies. I refuse to do that this year and hopefully there will be many outfit posts for you to see. I also want to have better pictures and more interesting locations for you guys to see.


2) Knit stuff

I've loved learning how to knit and my goal is to knit 4 big projects this year (ie sweaters) as well as some small bits like hats and scarves. I also want to not start a yarn stash!

3) De-stash my stash!

I've accumulated a growing fabric stash and I really want to cut down on it this year. This means more sewing and less shopping. I also want to focus on quality fabrics for my stash because I have a lot of pieces that are pretty but not really useful for what I need them to do.


4) Create a quick everyday hair and makeup routine.

It is sad for me to admit that there are a lot of days where I go out of the house with no makeup on and boring hair. Bad style blogger. I'm not a morning person so I need a plan to help me get up and going in the morning. I want a 5 minute make-up routine and a 5-10 minute hair do (or two) that I can whip up in the morning and still look great.

5) Sew more blouses and other work appropriate clothing.

I'm starting my thesis research next semester which means I'll be in the lab (and pants) five days a week for the next year and a half or so. I need to have more me made stuff that I can wear in the lab and for work (which is also in a lab). I also want more blouses that I can wear with my Freddies of Pinewood jeans. I think if I can get myself to wear them more than 50% of the time I'm in pants I'll reward myself with another pair. They have some great 50s styles too!


6) Get off the caffeine!

This last one isn't terribly blog related, but that's ok. I got hooked on having chai tea every morning last winter and then switched to soda over the summer and I'm now up to 2 cans a day from drinking almost none. My goal is to get back to having soda only for special occasions. My dad introduced me to some really great apple cinnamon tea over Christmas and hopefully that will help! I'm so picky-no tea, no coffee-and I don't want to go back to chai because I like it with milk and I'm on a low carb diet (yay for losing 10 lbs so far!) and I would rather spend my carbs on something other than milk. So if any of you have a good morning beverage to suggest, I'd love to hear it. I don't like tea that tastes like tea and I'm not really into floral flavors but I know there has to be more kinds out there I'd like.

Hope you all have had a great start to 2012!

4 comments:

  1. The tea that got me really into drinking tea at first was peppermint. If you like mint, it's great. It doesn't taste too much like tea, either! Also I think black tea tends to have a more mild flavor than green teas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your knitting projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea that really helped kick my soda habit is Lipton's Green Tea Superfruit Black Currant and Vanilla. I prefer it iced, but it tastes nice hot as well. It tastes sweet without any added sweetener.

    ReplyDelete