Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me

I've been down visiting my folks for a few days so I'm a bit behind on the gift sharing post but here it is. I already spilled the beans about going to see Wicked and the hubby also got me tickets to see Tenderly (a Rosemary Clooney musical) and Jersey Boys.


My dad picked out this lovely book of Jane Austen's novels for me. I adore Jane Austen and pretty books!


This one wasn't technically a Christmas gift but I won it from Liz of Zilredloh in a giveaway and it arrived right before Christmas so it felt like a present.


And I've already started knitting up this 1930s sweater in some lovely mustard wool. I think mustard is my new favorite color.


Shoes! I love wedges. They've got all the comfort and practicality of flats but all the benefits of heels.


My mother-in-law gifted me with this Fossil wallet and key fob to go with my Fossil purse. And look, more mustard! My mother-in-law has excellent taste. :)


I've been looking for some good rain shoes for a while to wear to school when it rains. These red and navy loafers from shoebuy.com were just the ticket. And they have a super comfy insert.

The other big gift (after Wicked) was this lovely Brother sewing machine from my dad. (Model number: PC-420PRW in case anyone is wondering.) It's a lot more high tech than my old Kenmore. It also came with gobs of feet! I think I've got it mostly figured out, but we'll see. I know a lot of people name their sewing machines and I think this one deserves a name. Any ideas?


Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I also was lucky enough to receive quite a bit of shopping money and gift cards so I'm off to decide just what other goodies are in my future. Decisions, decisions.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Stitch in Time book as well. There are several patterns in there I'm itching to get started on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love naming things : ) Perhaps Charles or Addison? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely gifts!! I was spoiled, too! I received Famous Frocks from my mum and loads of movies from my husband, daughter, and aunt. The Young Victoria, The King's Speech, and Downton Abbey, to name a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Lovely gifts! Those rain shoes are really cute!

    ReplyDelete