Saturday, October 16, 2010

Movie Review: The Egg and I

Friday night was my church's Sweetest Day Dinner and a Movie night. There's yummy food and dessert and always an old movie! This year we watched "The Egg and I" (1947), starring Fred MacMurray and Claudette Clobert as husband and wife Betty and Bob and Marjorie Main and Percy Kilbride as Ma and Pa Kettle.


After surviving World War II, Bob comes home to his wife Betty and decides to leave his cushy job in the city for a simple farm life. Betty, who, like me, enjoys her creature comforts, is not terribly excited about the dilapidated state of the farm Bob moves her too. They encounter many ups and downs including a temperamental old stove, a cast of crazy neighbors and a beautiful, rich farm girl who thinks Bob is the man for her. This is the first of many films featuring Ma and Pa Kettle, a kooky rural family with way too many kids.


Betty has some cute outfits in this film.

Love this jumper!

Yay, the baby chicks are here!

Uhh, this is where you want me to live?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...there's a greasy spoon diner down the road from here called The Egg and I. I had no idea it was referencing this movie. MUST check it out. ahha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this film before but it sounds interesting. I may have to see if I can find a copy :)

    ReplyDelete